View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 05:34 AM   #57
Fire7

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Sounds like a scam to me. All his domains and contact information are private. There is not only no buy button but he provides instructions to unlock a GSM version of the 8800 passed off as a link to unlock an 8830. Someone had to take time to change this and perhaps he was able to somehow get hold of a laptop from the emergency room (sympathy ploy.) Sharing the information isn't a crime and I wonder if it's even legitimate.

From my discussion with some reputable unlockers they said it is almost impossible to unlock the 8830. I was unhappy to hear this but they cited several reasons why they will very likely never have a solution.

The solution is as follows. Never ever buy anything from Verizon Wireless if you can help it since, other than perhaps a slightly better signal at the moment, you will be forced to cough up significantly higher fees for add-ons. Since you are locked into a 1 or 2 year contract with them for service, be very sure that you are getting a significantly better signal. If you travel internationally think about your purchase. If you care about GPS think about not using Verizon otherwise it will cost you $10 per month plus tax to use their service even if you already paid for TomTom. The chance that this phone will be unlocked in response to Sprint's offering is almost zero from my knowledge. This is because of Verizon's relationship with Vodaphone and its GSM capabilities.

Sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for sharing it with many other hopeful people. If I can help you I'm glad to provide legal assistance if there is any application.

Ok i'm confused. isn't the 8830 already unlocked? I've got 8830 From Canada but its not locked is it any different down there?
Offline   Reply With Quote