View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
fly4food84

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

It's working. I signed up for google apps last week and became angry because it wouldn't push to my blackberry. I cancelled google apps and signed up again today (5 days later) and it is great. Pushes instantly.

Google has instructions now for Blackberry users, using Google Apps.

Once the MX mail settings are changed and proprogated, sign into AT&T BIS and add an account. [email address]. It came back telling me it couldn't be configured and instantly I got an email from google stating the following:

Quote:
Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
Account Type:POP3/IMAP
Email Address:jeff@domain.com
User Name: jeff
Password:****** (For security the password is not displayed.)
Mail Server:pop.gmail.com

Please confirm the information. Refer to the instructions below for help in determining the correct information. After confirming the information, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service site and try again.

POP & IMAP Accounts
Internet Service Provider email accounts are commonly either POP or IMAP accounts. You need the following information:
Note: You can find out this information from either your desktop email application or your Internet Service Provider:
Email Address:Your email address
for example, [email address]
Server: The name of the Mail Server
for example, mail.ISPname.com
User Name: The portion of the email address before the "@" symbol
for example, patrickmoser in the address [email address]
Password: The password for your account

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:

From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
Select I use Microsoft® Outlookxxx8482; or Outlook Expressxxx8482;. Click Next.
Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having difficulties adding your email account, visit the online help on the BlackBerry Internet Service site.

Thank you.
I signed back into AT&T BIS and manually configured the settings above changing the pop server to pop.gmail.com instead of mail.domain.com.

One last thing, make sure you have POP enabled in your Google Apps Mailbox settings.

Works like a charm.

Last edited by fly4food84; 04-13-2008 at 02:55 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote