View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #33
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

My experiences are different from jumpo64.

First, the clock app woke me up on schedule this morning. It imported my old alarm settings during the OS install process, and it worked perfectly for me.

Second, I am able to scroll as before on the home screen. jumpo64, what theme are you using? Maybe that's the problem. Both L and Icon work fine scrolling side to side on the home screen. For me, anyway.

The OS seems much faster to me. My normal background apps are: Google Maps, Google Voice, Facebook, Mobipocket Reader. Maybe one of your background apps isn't playing nicely.

All that said, the memory issue looks like a borderline deal-breaker. Yesterday, over the course of 10 hours of normal use, I gradually went from 28.0 MB Free Space (Options > Memory) to 16.1 MB. I still can't figure out what specifically leaking. At times memory was going down when the phone was locked/asleep. In fact, it seemed to me to leak more when the phone was not in active use. Certain things did cause it to go back up some. For example, I noticed it go up about half a meg after I used Facebook (WTF). A reboot of the phone (as opposed to a battery pull) resets the memory back to its original 28.0 MB free, for me.

I believe a person would need to do daily phone resets in order to use this OS, so his phone memory would be reset back to normal levels. Is that an acceptable price to pay for the new functionality? You decide.
Offline   Reply With Quote