View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Xaneth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Let's put it this way, it's a far cry from Swype on my Droid. As mentioned, I was hardcore BB for a number of years, and one of the best things it had to offer was a superior keyboard. Others were BES features that blow M$ Exchange's added features (like device wipe) away. I'm surprised M$ didn't get sued in fact, it's a blatant BB rip off. But with open source phones on the Android platform beginning to dwarf iPhone with multiple handsets, and increasing power and capabilities, I'm afraid BB is currently getting buried. BB is still great for government purposes, and company purposes for heightened security, but as far as features and apps are concerned, they've fallen off the map unfortunately.

Saw that BB is releasing the Playbook as well, but did not demo it at all. Hopefully there will be some development through Flash for it, as BB apps are far behind the rest as well. Hey I'm not knocking BB, it was one of the best smartphones at one time, they've just fallen behind. My Droid does about everything my laptop can do, and for the purpose of IT, that's important.
Offline   Reply With Quote