View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #21
j.paycheck
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Need a little help... Im a new Mac user... purchased an iMac recently...

Anyways... when using my PC and mencoder I was able to convert the files successfully and they worked very well on the Pearl (quality of picture and audio was great and menu commands worked)

I am trying to use mencoder on the Mac but need some directions or instructions on where to run the command from?

On the PC I extracted the zip file into a directory and placed the file I wanted to convert into that same directory... open the command prompt -> CD to that directory and ran the command from there... I didnt need to install the MPlayer

What or how am I suppose to do this on the Mac? I have the dmg file on my desktop... I ended up installing the MPlayer in my troubleshooting but dont even know if I needed to install it to convert the files.

I hope im not all over the place with this and I can get a little help.

I do have iSquint (which by the way v1.5 is out) but the only issue is the files converted in iSquint and played on the Pearl causes the command to react very slow (dont see this issue when using mencoder)... not to mention with iSquint you can only convert into a mp4 instead of an avi file.

Thanks in advance.