Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
CletusJones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 24427bba
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default JVM Error 102 (7100i)

Please Login to Remove!

I turned my BB off today and got a white screen with the text "JVM Error 102" on it as well as a reset choice. I tried resetting it several times to no avail, then googled the error message. From what I can find it seems as though I need only to reload the software on my device, however this seems to be problematic as the update manager can't connect to the device. It goes through and reads the information off of the device (the device displays some icons on the screen) but then after I pick all of my options (before reloading the OS) it can't seem to connect and I get the error: "the desktop loader cannot connect to the device" and am prompted to try again or cancel.

I've rebooted my workstation a few times as well as the BB, what can I do at this point? My last backup is about 2 weeks old but my address book hasn't changed much so I'm not too worried, I think I can edit the changes in manually.

edit: I searched the forum and didn't see anything other than "keep trying, it'll eventually connect." Is there anything I can do to help this process along?