View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
Amantes

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mtel
Default Re: Curve 8520 would not let me install OS

Thanks for your reply!
I tried finding the firmware from an official vendor with no success. Most links on the forum were dead, the one that works leads me to an AT&T page that requires me to provide information I do not have. I had to download the OS from a torrent site. I installed it, ran loader.exe, let it do its thing, and the above happens. I also tried adding blackberry.alx to the loader and it told me it was not compatible with my device...

I only found those two instances of vendor.xml. It says something in the pinned thread I'm completely lost on:
" For Vista and Win 7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there"
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean...

I'm on a desktop so it's not entering power saving mode. I tried changing the usb port. I doubt it's the cable because I use the same on my graphics tablet with no issues. And it's not just that the connection is bad. It works fine when my phone is turned off- it detects the connection and it stays that way. But as soon as it turns on and gets to the white error screen, it's over. Infinite reconnection...
Offline   Reply With Quote