View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
8703user
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry Maps - resume tracking - how?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, you might say, just use Google Maps...and I do, usually. But if I'm in a very unfamiliar area it's easier for me to have Blackberry Maps tracking my position and using the 'track up' option so I can see the streets coming up in front of me in the correct orientation, rather than like with Google Maps (their own flaw really) tracking me sideways or even down on the map, which is very confusing. So, if I start the GPS tracking on Blackberry Maps, I'll see the streets coming up as I expected. But the problem is, if I accidentally or intentionally pan the map, then all of a sudden the tracking is screwed up. I saw once how to resume the tracking (I think), but it's been awhile. What I want to do is to be able to pan the map occasionally so I can see what's coming up further down the road, but then I want to quickly tell the BB Maps to start tracking my actual position again. Sure, I can go to the menu and stop gps tracking and then restart it, but that's not practical while you're trying to drive. With Google Maps it's easy, just press 0 and it takes you back to where you are, tracking you. But with BB Maps, I can't find how to do this? Is there a way?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote