Thread: New BIS 2.3
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #21
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Please Login to Remove!

Well, I have to report (and sorry to you folks who aren't on the new version yet!) that the reconciliation seems to work ok after testing it for a day or two.

Positives:
  • I don't have to keep clearing out my handheld several times a day with "delete prior"
  • The above means I can keep e-mails I haven't yet replied to saved for replying when I have a spare minute, rather than accidentally getting rid of them when I am having a clear out

Negatives:
  • Timing - "Reconcile now" doesn't appear to work. Therefore you are dependent on when (presumably dictated by the policies at the NOC) the reconciliation automatically takes place.
  • In my experience (using a couple of OWA mailboxes) the only thing to propagate are deletes/moves in the mailbox. Therefore, if you read a msg on the desktop it remains listed as "unread" on the handheld.

A useful update for me, but I still have the ability to sync the read/replied/forwarded flags on my wish list for future versions! Oh, and the ability to file messages in folders (although I'm not so fussed about reading messages in them) - wish RIM could add that. However, I suppose technically it would be difficult without the full mailbox access that BES provides (and also they wouldn't want to cannibalise the BES market). However, I definitely shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth as I am very pleased they are developing the BIS and adding new features. Well done RIM!

Last edited by tobyw; 05-01-2007 at 02:46 PM..