Quote:
Originally Posted by WPWoodJr View Post
The solution I found was this:
1) Right click on My Computer and select Manage
2) Double click on Services and Applications
3) Double click on Services
4) Double click on Windows Installer at the bottom of the list
5) Under Startup Type, change it from Manual to Disabled
6) Cancel the installation of Roxio Media Manager and wait a few minutes until you're sure its finished
7) Change startup type back to manual
8) Go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and remove Blackberry software.
9) Download the installer for Blackberry Desktop Manager, change the extension from .exe to .zip, extract the files to disk, and run the BB install.
10) delete the extracted BB installation software and .zip file
I had this same problem (using a 9530 and running XP SP3); Media Manager attempting to install every time I restarted. I tried the method above but reinstalling didn't work. What did work was this:

A) Downloading the Desktop Manager installer, renaming it as a zip and extracting to disk as step 9 above says (I set up a dummy folder on my desktop to extract into).
B) I then restarted the system, waited for the Roxio installer to run and tell me it couldn't find the Media Manager.msi file.
C) I pointed the Roxio installer to search the Desktop Manager installer extraction folder on my desktop (hit the browse button next to the file path), it immediately found the missing .msi file and completed its installation.

Seems almost TOO easy...

Props to WPWoodJr for the idea of extracting the installer, I never would have.
Offline   Reply With Quote