View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #14
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by homantag
I have the 8100 (Pearl), and an Audi Q7, so while a little off, I thought maybe I can find some help here - there is no help elsewhere.
I can get the phone to pair with the system and they both recognize each other. When the car is first turned on, a connection is made. If I let everything sit idle, the connection is lost. If I make a call when the connection is first made, everything works fine. When I hang up after that first call, and quickly make another call, the connection remains, and everythign works fine. If I hang up after any call (first or otherwise), and let the phone sit idle, the connection is lost again. I cannot understand this.

I called Audi, and they said that the Pearl is not on their "approved" list. Their approved list is pathetic (old phones from when they were testing the car 2 years ago!!). I can't undertand how this does not work. The bluetooth compatibility is fine with my Infiniti M35, and I thought the protocol was universal for all bluetooth phones.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it - this functionality was something I need for my everyday work.

What I did notice is that on the A6, someone posted that they aked the Audi to look for their phone. How did you do that? The option does not seem to exist in the Q7.
Hi,

I am the A6 guy. To clarify, I did not tell the Audi MMI to look for the BlackBerry. I just remember that I got into my car, the BlackBerry was on, with bluetooth enabled, and when I turned on the car, within a few seconds, a notice showed up on the BlackBerry asking me if I wanted to pair with the Audi Bluetooth. Then I paired it.

I have since unpaired and re-paired the two devices to resolve an issue with the recent call logs not syncing correctly, and I wan not able to repeat the process of letting the MMI "ask" for the first connection. However, even having initiated the pairing from the blackBerry, it is all synced up and working perfectly.

For reference, I am using the BalckBerry 8800 from Cingular.
Offline   Reply With Quote