Thread: Google Phone
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #35
rygel411
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

Well I just figured Id add my 2 cents to it. I got my phone on the 22nd and its simply the best phone Ive had, some of my friends have the iphone 3g and my wife has an ipod touch, the g1 imo is the best browser avalible on a phone, Im in chicago which is a 3g area and it is extremely fast. The touchscreen is very responsive and looks beautiful, the html email is incredible of course. I browse the web all the time so the fact that you can open up multiple windows with NO slow-down of the internet or the device is a huge plus. The keyboard I admit takes some getting used to(dont know if its the chin or the fact that I was so used to typing on the 8800) but its fine for me now. The phone btw looks very different in person; I cant stress this enough. You see some pics online and it looks like a brick but in person it looks and feels like a regular phone to me. The app market is very cool and my fav so far is an app called shazzam which records music that you hear to tell you the artist and title. Last night I was driving home flippin radio stations and I heard this song on the radio that I liked but didnt know the name of it. The song was in its last 15 seconds Id say but I decided to whip the phone out and turn the app on. I put the phone in front of the radio(10 seconds left to go in the song) and the phone listens and sure enough it knows the song(keven rudolph feat lil wayne), it then provides a youtube link to the song as well as a download link from the amazon store; amazing stuff! I could go on and on but in closing Ill just say Im very pleased with this phone. I still love my bb8800 and still keep it on to use its password keeper app but Im glad I got the g1. And reading up on the t-mobile forums and the android websites there might a developer thats gonna upload a plug-in on monday to the app market that enables flash! I hope this mini-review helps for those who are undecided about this device or just wanted a little info.

Pros: Everything I mentioned above

Cons: *GPS companies are waiting until the app market isnt free(after new years) to release 'the real' gps programs, i.e. Garmin(maybe theyll go with handango for now?)
*Ringer is a little quiet in the pocket
*Terrible carrying case(more like a carrying pouch, lol)
*No flash support but as I said that could change on monday.
Offline   Reply With Quote