Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Only used the native browser.
Installation of the app went fine.
Installation of IconifyDialLink and IconifyMaillLinks worked fine.
Installation of IconifyWeb Links is where I began having issues. I dont think I rebooted after attempting this step. I will try again sometime later and report back.

As said before, it's quite possible I am doing something wrong and don't wanna give others a bad impression.
Thanks for your clarification visortgw - I already though that the choice of my words where not very wise

It's very strange devnull, that Mail & Dial Links work for you, but not WEB-Links... Yes they are different - but actually they should be at least created in the same way - something i would like to ask is: When you create a new WebLink - the LinkLauchner Installation will start? Or is it, that you can configure the link - but nothing happens - or is it, that the LinkConfiguration Dialog does not open?
Another possibility is that you are being affected by a BlackBerry® OS bug (imagine that!) that limits the number of apps that can be installed on a device. I have not determined the real limit, but I have run into it a number of times on my Tour with symptoms such as you describe. Each Iconify link creates another app. Are you able to add additonal dial or mail links? This may be something completely different, but I just wanted to throw out the possibility...

(BlackBerry® Tour/9630/OS v4.7.1.61 (rel 124)/Platform 4.1.0.81/VZW)
Offline   Reply With Quote