View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
smoothadmin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Default Re: Blackberry Fusion Mobile

Fusion is easy to install along side BES/BES Express.

First you download the installer and unzip it, then copy the c:\research in motion folder to your BES/BES Express server.

From your BES/BES Express server using your administrator login (not your BESAdmin account) and find the Java 6 update 22 in the BFM folder in side the Reach in Motion folder and install it. Once done run the actual installer and select custom, then you select Fusion Mobile and follow the steps.

Part way through it will ask you for a port number; if 443 is taken select a port like 8443 and then it will ask you for the server domain level and HTTPS:// ; this is were you use the server name that your Blackberry BES Administrator points to, one thing I found with my own server is the domain level and https URL name were CAPS in the self assigned cert so I had to make them CAPs in the setup otherwise it wouldn't accept it.

After it installs it will take you the login page; you can login using BESAdmin at this point. I just not sure how you add your Playbook device to the server as my phone already is actived with BES (it shows your phone devices that are connected to BES).

So if someone can tell me how to get my tablet connected that would be great. The only thing I thought it might allow for is having two devices setup under the same email address?
Offline   Reply With Quote