Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean cusson
I just bought the pearl today. I've encoded a bunch of video files and everything plays back fine. What I've noticed though is that the controls (pause, stop, volume, etc...) don't respond right away. There's a considerable lag. I'm using a Rogers version so I'm waiting for the Rogers update to 6.x has anyone else experienced this?
Read my thread on using BlackBerry Video Generator, a $15 program that converts video to the Pearl format. It uses mencoder, which is free, but for that $15 you don't have to think about it, it's two clicks and any video is converted, including FLV [flash] files that are the YouTube and Google format.

The lag is caused by the video being in a format that will play, but because it is not in 8100 format, the lag occurs. For example, I used Super C to convert video into 3GP format and those would play on the Pearl, but there was lag in the controls.

Once I used BBVG, the lag was completely gone.

Note: At the time I think I called the program BBVC or BlackBerry Video Converter, but I think it has always been "Generator."