Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
ang_pilosopo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globe Telecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziyapp View Post
I recently bought a blackberry curve 8520.My plan is with Data (but limited data usage plan ) I wanted to use wifi when i am at home or office in order to reduce my data charges. To do so make sure the following settings

A. Make sure your BB is connected with wifi (either your own wifi network or public wifi)

1. Make sure your DATA SERVICES is turned on... { Option..> Mobile Network..> Data Services > ON
2. Default Browser to be selected as Hotspot Browser .... {Option..> Advanced Options..>Browser..>Default browser configuration: Select Hotspot Browser

After this 2 steps you can use your wifi connection for browsing as well as messger (Gtalk, Yahoo and MSN)
To make sure my BB is connected with wifi and all the DATAs thru wifi (not thru your telecom service provider network)
DO this test
GO to Manage connection..> Untick the Mobile Network>... Now your main screen shows OFF... but your wifi sign will still be bright
Now your BB is OFF Mode

Now you can go to browser and you can visit some pages......
....... i did all and i am able to browse thru wifi connection even my phone is OFF

I hope it will helpful for others.
Thx
ziyapp-Singapore - Telecom service provider: STARHUB
Pls. correct me if my understanding is wrong:
If I do the test outlined above, I may be able to connect via wifi but will not receive calls and SMS since the BB is in OFF mode.

8900 and 9700
www.twitter.com/rvmitra
Offline   Reply With Quote