View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #98
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just got home from waiting the usual 2 hours to get any sorta service from verizon, so I got a chance to play around with the demo unit. Was pretty impressed and once my 8830 charges I will see what this badboy can do. But they cluelessness of the reps was horrid at best:

1.) the salesperson was adament about the phone having GPS
2.) they didn't know where the micro SD slot was and almost broke the damn phone before it was even in my hands trying to snatch the battery out.
3.) A tech who I spoke with before I was purshasing the phone was behind the counter after I purchased as was like "this is the one with the camera right", the sales person agreed even after she turned it around and there was obviously no camera (WTH?)
4.) the creaking of the Cingular 8800 is also present on the 8830, atleast the demo did. But I did not notice it until I went looking for it and actually squeezed the phone to see if it would creak, otherwise it didn't. Will check my device once it charges tonight.

For the good points (actual phone)
1.) Keyboard is wonderful, the rubbery feel of the keys is much more pleasant than the hard plastic keys of the 8703e despite being bunched together.
2.) the 4.2 OS has alot of things fine tuned, like the menu key gives you the option to actual "close" out of every menu, unlike the 8703 where you either hit end or back to get out , ex. the options menu.
3.) the track ball is GREAT, coming from a treo and Q is it just as great as the d-pad for Windows Mobile phones.
4.) The verizon theme is actually great, I prefered it to the the dimension zen theme included on the phone.
5.) the blue backlight is not as unpleasant as most reported.
6.) voicedial.....RIGHT ON!

Phone should be fully charged in awhile, will report back if I find any new points good or bad.