View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #88
2Curious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMo USA
Default NPA-NXX table - Donation

bberic...

I'd be happy to donate a fairly current NPA-NXX table to your project.
I just compiled a simple table containing the NPA, NXX, State, Location Name.
There are currently (as of June'07) 162,571 unique NPA-NXX combinations for North American dialing (US50, Canada, and Carribean).

If you filter out the AreaCode + 555 for directory assistance, and some other odds and ends, it could be a slightly smaller total record count.
I'm not sure about device storage or sd card size constraints for your app, but you're more than welcome to the data. PM me anytime.

To those of you who listed various examples of inaccurate city names,
understand that "location names" or "rate centers" are not the same as City Names. The US is broken up into RateCenters for telecom NPANXX rating and location information. The RateCenter name, may or may not be the same as your geographic/postal city name. It has to do with Metropolitan Service areas, ILEC tandem/switch locations, etc. Huge messy pain the *ss, actually.
I searched my records for some of your examples listed in this thread, and all but 1 came up as the City the member mentioned. Lake Forest, CA was the only one I could not find a matching RateCenter name for. If you give me the NPANXX you were looking for I'd be happy to check it, see if the name is something that makes sense to those who live in this area.

I also have Int'l cc tables, with some major city breakouts, but nothing as detailed as most would probably prefer. Int'l is a bit trickier in finding accurate dialing code data.
Any subscription I've purchased in the past from various companies has been very disappointing. I ended up compiling our own int'l code table to ensure a bit more accuracy.
You are welcome to this data as well. I'd be happy to donate.
Again, I assume lookup table sizes for the app are a major consideration.

I too am frustrated at the lack of calling name, or at least location/state support from mobile carriers.