View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
steve591

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default newbie saying hello, prepare urself for a rant :(

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, about a month ago i decided to go back to life with a contract mobile coupled with a brand new handset. It has been about 4 years since my last, and during my time on pre-pay the only smart phone i had was a windows based HTC touch pro diamond 2 something or other...

so my options.... i want internet brousing, (decent internet brousing. not like my HTC where its quiker to drive home and use my home pc with broadband) so instantly it seems im limited to a blackberry or an iphone. im now listening to reviews whereby there seems to be equal pro's and cons for each. one thing im nott so sure about is touchscreen, the htc was touchscreen and i didnt get on with it too well, especially as the screen didnt turn off as it was next to my ear, so i was constantly putting people on 'hold'. however both the blackberry (torch) and iphone dont seem to suffer with this. A physicaly keyboard tho is certainly desirable for me. So although iv got my heart set on an iphone, im sold on the new blackberry torch...

and im sorry to say, im really not getting on with it. the toggle/scroll button is awful, it barely ever goes where i want it to, and the internet brouser is even worse. the download speed is acceptable but once a webpage has downloaded the responsiveness of the handset is terrible for navigating around that page. so much so that you begin to wonder wheather the handset has recognised the action at all

am i the only one who is suffering with this? is it normal? iv checked for updates and it appears im up to date

rant over

by the way, other than these issues, i think the phone is brilliant. i just think id love the iphone more

Steve
Offline   Reply With Quote