Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM   #16
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Hey everyone,

Im also currently in the process of switching services from Cingular to T-Mobile with my 8700 and have run into a small snag that I cant seem to find the answer too.

I already unlocked the device via GSMphonesource and activated a new service with T-mobile (which is already working perfectly). The problem that I have now however is that my IMEI is still attached to the Cingular plan that I had originally. I just cancelled the Cingular account today so maybe the answer might simply be that the cancellation hasnt taken into effect yet. But the "snag" is that I cant register the blackberry online with T-mobile because I get an error message that says the device is already attached to another account (obviously).

As I said before the device is working perfectly (sending/recieving emails) is it absolutely necessary to register the IMEI online with T-mobile?

Thanks in advance!
Cingular needs to tell BB to release your account and the info and based on my understanding, tou need to call cingular to get that done, unless T mobile can help and get it done for you.