View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
sjsilverman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile & China Mobile

Actually, I think it would be more of a pain in the butt to have a dual SIM BB. If there actually were a dual sim BB and you were able to switch from one SIM to the other, you would basically be disconnecting the first for the second. This being the case, you wouldn't be able to receive any calls or emails on the "home" BB when connected to local anyway, and vice versa. As a frequent int'l traveler, I really find that I am much better off carrying a second phone. In most countries, you can't get BIS or BES on a prepaid SIM anyway. I carry a travel phone, which is actually one of my old BB's, so I can synch it to my contacts, calendar, etc, and I either leave my US BB in my hotel safe, connected through UMA, or I carry it in my briefcase, set to UMA only. That way, I can have full connectivity at no additional charge when in the presence of a WIFI signal, and I have my travel phone with a local SIM for use "in-country" at cheap rates. Until someone comes up with a dual SIM, dual radio phone, the whole dual SIM idea makes little sense, IMHO.
Offline   Reply With Quote