View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
PaulH

Model: 7100v
Default Help new user - activation issues unlocked 7100v

Please Login to Remove!

I have just purchased a used but unlocked one of these phones and I am really struggling to get it set up. It was originally on the vodafone network but I am using an o2 contract sim (both UK networks). I have installed the latest operating system for it, can make and receive calls and send SMS messages but that is all. It shows a good signal and the gprs symbol in the top right corner. The top left menu option is the enterprise activation button which of course when pressed asks for an email address/password. I have tried logging on to my service providers blackberry account section to get something to enter here but it just gives me this error message when I try to set myself up as a new user:

Service does not belong to allowed services for this customer

Please ensure you have proceeded to the proper service provider's activation site, as specified within the provided documentation.

Contact O2 at null for additional support.

To me this doesn't look good.

I contacted my network provider but they didnt seem to know what I was talking about. They told me that I would need a seperate business contract to use blackberry services but I dont see why this would be as I already have gprs which works on my old handset. I am not really interested in using the phone for push mail services (although it would be nice if I could). I am mainly trying to get it set up for web browsing and straight pop3/imap emails if possible. Is there any way I can bypass activation and just start browsing or have I bought a large featureless phone?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated as I really am stuck!!

Thanks

Paul