View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
djrobsd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default Tmobile blackberry support is terrible!

Please Login to Remove!

My blackberry recently died, and I had to call support to have it replaced. While I was very impressed that I got someone almost immediately when calling, I spent 10 minutes telling them my story, only to have them say "Sir, I'll need to transfer you to the blackberry department". Then, I waited on hold for FIFTY (50) minutes, and finally got a Blackberry support person. They in turn went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps, determined my phone was bad, and then transferred me to someone else, who I then had to tell my story to one final time!

First of all, I find it appalling that the hold times are so long in blackberry support, versus general T-Mobile service. Second, I shouldn't have to keep re-explaining my story to every one I talk to.

And that's just the beginning...

The BB support rep ORDERED THE WRONG part... I waited 3 days, and got a charger instead of the new phone.

So, I called Tmobile up again, went through the whole song and dance with customer service, then transferred to BB, waited on hold again about 45 minutes or so, explained the whole story, and the rep barely spoke a word of english. Are they farming their support out to India now? The rep wanted to make me go through troubleshooting again, even though the notes clearly stated that they were replacing my handheld!

Then, he said he would overnight me another one, and apologized for them sending the wrong stuff, and what does he do? He sends it out UPS GROUND instead of overnight! So, all told, I was without my BB for almost two weeks while dealing with all the screw ups in their support department.

Needless to say, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for T-mobile. Two weeks without my primary method of communication with my work, my clients, and my friends and family is absolutely unacceptable!