Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #282
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
I tend to agree. AT&T has the highest data plans on the planet...and I am not a business-subsidized BlackBerry user. I really love my 'Berrys...and would not be happy with anything that didn't at least provide me with email and media access, so reverting back to a regular mobile phone would be difficult at the very least. I have to justify the cost in that I have email access wherever I am and whatever I am doing...away from my office or home PC. But...I must admit that month after month of paying $100+ phone bills, that is getting harder and harder to do.

But...I am paying $10 less a month with my personal BB plan than I was on AT&T's Unltd. PDA Connect plan using my old Treo 680...so I guess that's something.

I'm hoping that iPhone's inclusive data plans push other carriers down price-wise as well. Granted, they charge more than regular cell plans, so the data isn't necessarily included, but it's still a lot cheaper than what you get charged for using a BB. If the second generation iPhone has an improved keyboard, OTA downloads, 3G, and a searchable address book, I'd be hard pressed not to switch. And I'm someone who was more excited about the Curve than I was the iPhone. RIM, take notice (if you care...which you probably don't.)