View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #43
sympathetik

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nawras, Oman
Default Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

Hey guys,
I am experiencing the same problem with my BB 9780. Recently I installed an app ISPEECH's "DriveSafe.Ly". This was working fine. Until this morning I decided to install another app. After/During the installation, my BB wen't into reboot. Afterwards, the DriveSafe.Ly app started reading all my TEXT messages. Then a the DriveSafe.ly startup screen popped up. Now there are two voices reading my text messages.
So I decided to remove/uninstall the app by pressing MENU then delete. I was prompted to restart the phone, which I did.
After that the problem with the app was gone. But when I went back to the Desktop Software, my phone wasn't recognized anymore. If I go to APPWORLD and try to download something, a popup tells me that there is a problem communicating with the plugin and it has something to do with content protection and I need to disable it. (something like that)
I tried my wife's BB 9780 and she didn't have any problem with the detection and sync.
I read something about removing the IT policy but I'm not sure if its related. And my contacts might be erased. Problem is I can't backup my contacts without the Desktop Software.
Hope someone can help me with this. I would really appreciate it.
Offline   Reply With Quote