mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Wirelessly posted (bold 9000)

As I read this I don't understand why rim is at fault. You knew the phone may or may not work. Also u took the chance and have done so many things to the phone you might have caused the problem. My bold is the best phone I have ever had. Little problems that I have been able to fix. Great phone just bad carriers. Rims not at fault.
Do tell.

I bought an ATT handset cause it was cheap and in working order.

OS 4.6 DOES NOT give me 3G; so why not upgrade when countless other offered plenty of success stories all over? Hmmm?

IMO very stupid of RIM to make a phone with 3G but you can't use it. Just Google ATT customers and their experiences regarding the Bold. Look at the entire first generation of these phones, coincidence that they were all a POS? I think not. Had they engineered them properly from the start before a release many would NOT be on their 2-3-4+ replacement Bold's.

A friend of mine went through 6 in 5 months. Each with a completely different issue [On the Rogers network]

I have done absolutely NOTHING to impair or even come close to crippling the phone. And if I did PLEASE point them out to me, since unlike my post count suggests you may think you are talking to someone who is using their first BB in their life.

Trust me, i have been an avid BB user for a while now, and know my way around these very well.

Last, what do carriers have anything to do with this? The ATT was bad at first since iPhone users would harass the towers with 3G signals and the Bold users would have next to no reception.

Whereas in a country like Canada, there is not even a quarter as many subscribers as you have in the USA. And i get signal from 4 different devices in my house, in the same room, yet the BOld is the only that 'refuses' to find network or hook up to it...

But of course it is my carrier's fault for even adding such crap to their lineup.

the strange part is, that you think i hate this phone, and i do. But i had one from work as my other line for a few months and it was problem-free the whole time.

So bringing back to my previous point, RIM made a POS and it now shows with the handset i purchased, which refuses to work, after USING OFFICIAL RIM RELEASED software/products. Hmmm.... Talk about questionable quality.

Best,
Mike
Offline   Reply With Quote