Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #177
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove5683 View Post
There's something I just can't figure out.

Why every ITPolicy.bin I find on here and other BB forums has fixed my IT Policy problems but still keeps the Firewall locked? Did the person who started spreading this .bin just forget to uncheck that box in the ITPolicy.exe???

I'm not asking for a solution since I've been searching for about 6 hrs now and I can't find one. I'm just asking for someone to explain why that damn .bin isn't TOTALLY clear of IT restrictions?
On 4.2 and older OS's the IT policy is NOT removable. You can overwrite it with another "blank" policy or a policy that doesn't restrict anything. That is what's going on with the policy.bin in this thread. However, the firewall and application permission settings are not included in the IT policy itself. They are pushed out by the BES along with the IT policy in another section of the BES setup. The policy.bin will never disable the firewall or the permissions that have been restricted.

That being said, if you read all of this thread you'll see that RIM has given us some relief from this with OS 4.3. Once 4.3 comes out for the devices then we'll be able to completely remove all It restrictions from the device. Until then, the above policy.bin is the best there is for this problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote