Thread: Made the move
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
raven71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
PIN: 249F7DCD
Carrier: AT&T

I agree about battery life if I really use it allot, but when I use it for my email, sms, some browsing and the phone I am now getting a day and half. I had trouble the first day and they gave me a new battery. I did 2 full full discharges and now I try to only go to 45%. It doesn't get hot like it was and it seems to be getting better.
Now if I put the GPS on not the wireless on forget it the battery drains just try up trying to find my position, and it has not worked yet. Wireless location find me but I still think the battery drains too fast. Still I think it is better then I phones life, and that's what 3 purple told me 2 yesterday and my sons friend a couple hours ago. He has a I-phone 4 for 3 weeks and now thinking of getting one of these.
I don't listen to music or watch movies, maybe the occasional u-tube so maybe for me that's why my battery lasts. Maybe the more I use it I will, but coming from a bold I didn't use it for that either.
Charging cable I also had same problem till I opened the slide all the way, now it works fine but wish it had a longer cable. I'm sure I will find something soon.
I use Verizon for mail and have it check every couple of minutes, but my google mail seems slow. I also have an optimum mail just incoming and I get it just like on my BB. Plus I don't get those truncated or message to big like on the bold. sms and mms seem to work ok and the quality is very nice.
Not sure about quality yet, but all I know in 2 years I went through 2 pearls and 4 bold the track balls were all messed up. At least on the pearl you were able to replace them. The track pads are no better, my friend's stopped working when you press it down. I think he has had it for 4 months.
In reality all phones have their good and bad points. I just hope they get GPS to work and that the 2.0 system takes care of the problems. I do like the I-phone also and it was just a personal choice on my part.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote