Old 05-06-2006, 04:03 AM   #36
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Return it. July release for the 8702i.
OMG, that would be sweet! If it came out in early July, it'd be just in time for my birthday, and could therefore be my birthday gift to myself!

As for the issue of the housing design, let's look at what's come before:
  • BB 7520 - looks like a 7290 modified with the addition of an external antenna, speaker "hump" and Direct Connect button.
  • BB 7100i - looks like a modified version of Cingular's 7100g. Besides the addition of an external antenna and a Direct Connect button (on the left side, under the USB/charging port, right where it should be!), the housing seems slightly larger overall, and features a silver and grey color scheme that is, alas, ugly and boring.
So, it shouldn't look too different from other 8700s, but the big question is, which housing sculpt will be used as the basis for the 8702i? My preference is still the 8700g, the first model we ever saw pictures of. I just love the way it looks. The housing design of the 8700c/r is nice, but the 8700g just bumps the design up an extra notch. It looks even more modern and, dare I say it, sexier!

Lastly is the question of color. What color will it be? I'm really hoping it'll be black, or barring that, the deep, dark navy of the 8700r and T-Mobile's 8700g. If they go for the same coloring as Cingular did, I'll be disappointed. I really don't like grey/silver BlackBerries. I prefer my BlackBerry to be, well, BLACK!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(