jweinraub
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreat View Post
After upgrading it to this version from the last AT&T update (since pulled) my unit goes to 'SOS' more often at work. I wiped it and reloaded just to be sure and still the same. Battery pull couple of times. It gets the network if I pull battery or turn off and on under Connection -> Mobile Networks.

Anyone else getting this?
I am downloading this version now (from website since OTA doesn't work for me yet), but I can say is, I have the first version that has visual voicemail from ATT and I often get SOS when my phone has been in a crummy service area for long periods of time. For example, after work, I go to the gym, and obviously my phone is oin my pocket which is in my slacks locked in the locker. There is terrible signal in the locker room. When I leave and on my way home, I uisually phone ahead to give my wife the headsup im on my way. Usually, I have to go into the wireless options turn the wireless (network) radio off/on and it works. But it takes a LONG time to get back to 3G. It cycles gprs GPRS edge EDGE 3g 3G but takes a long time for each one until it finally gets back to normal.

What is causing this? I never seen this only after I leave the gym. Does the new version fix this?
Offline   Reply With Quote