View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #39
bgkirkla

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I did this upgrade and now I have several questions.

First I downloaded 4.6.0.304 and installed it per the instructions. That worked fine.
Now for my questions.

1. After I install, should I remove the OS using the Windows Add/Remove programs feature since I already installed it to my BB? I mean do I need it anymore and is it going to confuse the DM if it is still there?

2. Now, when I open DM it immediately pops up a box saying "Updated versions of the applications listed below are available for your device." It also lists "BlackBerry 4.6 Core Applications" as the application update that it found. Is it finding the new 4.6.0.304 OS that I still have installed?

3. Why do the install instructions have us click on the Loader.exe file instead of going through the DM and letting it find the new OS and upgrade that way?

4. In DM, if I click on Application Loader and then click on Update Software, it then lists 5 versions of the OS like this:

"BlackBerry 4.6(Current) 4.6.0.304"
"BlackBerry 4.6 for 9000 (Current) 4.6.0.304"
"BlackBerry 4.6(Downgrade) 4.6.0.297"
"BlackBerry 4.6(Downgrade) 4.6.0.167"
"BlackBerry 4.6(Downgrade) 4.6.0.167"

Where did it get these choices from?

Basically, I just want to know what to do after I click on the Loader.exe file and do the upgrade. Do I just leave the OS installed on my PC or do I delete it, etc...

Thanks...
Offline   Reply With Quote