View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Hello everyone -- Like your Priv, don't like it, etc.

I've just started warming to the idea of Android + BlackBerry. Bear in mind this is coming from a guy using a 9370 and BB7.1 as a secondary device (iPhone is my primary). Originally I thought, "Android??? Hell no!! If I wanted Android I'd get a Samsung or Motorola phone!" Now, however, I'm rethinking my anti-BlackBerry/Android prejudice. I'm pretty much platform-agnostic. I'll use whatever works best for me. I have no allegiance to any brand or company. The reason I used BlackBerry for so long was that it was simply the best for me. It worked the way I did and it accomplished all the things I needed to get done. Until it stopped. BlackBerry didn't change. I did. And BlackBerry didn't change with me. So the virtues of a rock solid and intractable system became inflexible and unable to keep up with my new life. BB10 went a long way towards addressing these issues for me, but I had already made the move to an iPhone and the darn thing worked perfectly for me. I'm a lifelong Mac user and my primary email address is an iCloud account. So naturally iOS is going to integrate best with the services I use. This isn't news.

I've never gotten over my BlackBerry addiction. That's why I have an old school 9730 to take with me when I feel like leaving my iPhone at home. It just feels right - like an old friend. No extraneous apps, and sometimes that feels GREAT. I've pretty much accepted that I will always have a BlackBerry in my life. Probably more than one. So as long as I have an old school model, why not supplement it with a new and modern one? So...... That beings me to Android. In particular, the DTEK50. I'd love to get it, but no Verizon service for the DTEK. Maybe a Priv is in my future.
Offline   Reply With Quote