View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #11
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharredPC View Post
I'm not. It's a widely held myth that even a lot of T-Mobile reps believe, but NOT reality.

I bought my Bold 9700 at a third party T-Mobile affiliate store. They explained that a $14.99 or above service was required, not necessarily a data plan. I chose the unlimited text option, knowing I'd be doing all my data usage at home, where I have wifi. This has worked out great, and saved me a bit on my monthly bill.

After I had the phone for a week, my wife fell in love with it... so I got her one. This time, I went directly to an actual T-Mobile store (an hour and a half away... long story, no one stocks the 9700's around here!). When I explained my Texting plan setup to them, they'd never heard of it before- pretty much stating what you are, dc/dc. However, they called customer service themselves and found out that it's true; a data plan is NOT required. I left the store with my wife's new 9700, adding only another $14.99 unlimited texting to her line- NOT a data plan.

Of course, within minutes of getting the phone, my wife had to have the data plan so Facebook would work One phone call and sixty minutes later, she was happily posting updates while I drove... The point is, even if it's not widely known, I'm not spreading lies. My T-Mobile 9700 has no data plan; I'm okay with it and so is T-Mobile. Sorry if anyone else is irritated by it
Listen cupcake, it is reality. Data plans are required. Just because your store and some CSR said it isn't doesn't make it the truth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	300
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	18041