View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Now this makes sense

I'm pretty much only using the keyboard if I have to type, and the trackpad to click precisely on something or someplace.

With OS 5 and before, the menu would almost always open to what you planned to do next, say mark prior or delete prior, or whatever. If what you wanted wasn't pre-selected, it was at least nearby, not way up or way down in the menu. I didn't get this with OS 6. I also don't get this behavior with OS 7 if I access the menu with the BlackBerry button. But this software behavior is there if you bring up a short menu, or select full menu from the short menu, using the touchscreen.

That was my big complaint with OS 6 .... too many more movements to do the things I was typically doing ... but I don't sense the same thing using the touchscreen to accomplish those things with OS 7.

I didn't even get so far as to deal with memory or impact on pefermance. I gave up shortly after hello and went back to 5.

By the way, no lagging on the 9900, no hour glass or spinning clock face. It's fast.