View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
BigPete74

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterb View Post
Ok, guys. I just got off the phone with RIM, and they have shed some light on this that makes sense now. If you are using BIS, there is no way to get instant push with Google apps. It goes out to check for mail every 15 minutes. If there is new mail, it will go out in another 3 minutes. If there is mail, it will go out in another 3 minutes, then 6, then 9. Basically they're trying to make it easier for you to receive replies back and forth with a person quickly, but if you're just receiving an email here and there it will appear that it is taking 15 minutes to receive them.

I really think you're wasting your time spending money on this service with RIM. They didn't even charge me to tell me the above, and I was more than willing to pay the fee to get it working.

If you were using BES, that would be a different story.
This is so inaccurate it's not even funny. I am on BIS, yes BIS, not BES. I have 3 domains using Google Apps and all 3 push mail instantly. In fact, it's so instant that I get the emails on my BlackBerry before my googletalk desktop client gets the notification.

I did exactly what this thread said to do except I called my provider (verizon) and had them put me through to RIM to avoid the charge. I spent about 10 minutes on the phone with Verizon BlackBerry support before they went ahead and called RIM. The guy from RIM knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and what needed to be done. I gave him the 3 domain names, he added them to a database, and all was good to go. The entire process took less than 30 minutes and now I have push email on 3 domains. It's fantastic and my users that have emails at those domains with blackberries love it!

So yeah, if you are having problems getting push email to work with your google apps domain then call your provider and try to get them to get RIM involved. If they won't pony up and pay the money.
Offline   Reply With Quote