View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Paul,
I have encountered this issue many times using both of my GPS receivers and it's quite frustrating. I have the BT-359 and the Freedom Mini (I like my Freedom Mini the best, and use it the most BTW!)

This problem appears in all of the 4.2.1 versions of the Pearl handheld code. I have tried to gather information on this as to whether the Curve 4.2.2 OS is affected but haven't had any reports myself. I did find out from a couple other developers here on this forum that it is an issue with the RIM OS Bluetooth stack. 4.2.0 definitely is a fix for the issue. I would revert back to it myself if I didn't have a 4GB media card I need support for from 4.2.1. In my opinion, the 4.2.1 handheld code (at least for the Pearl) has serious bugs. This is one of them and the multi-tap doubling letters (even though I rarely use it except for passwords) and memory issues are the other major issues that RIM has neglected to fix.

Here is a thread that may shed some light on the subject.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-...-software.html

I would be surprised if RIM wasn't aware of this problem. One would think that TeleNav support would have had lots of calls on this issue, as well.

Between this issue, the multi-tap issue, and memory issues the Pearl has been quite a headache. Now it appears that 4.2.2 code for the Curve has the same problem and RIM hasn't fixed it. I hope you can get them to fix this issue.

Last edited by John Clark; 09-18-2007 at 02:16 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote