Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ed View Post
Hi guys i got the 8320 from tmobile os :4.2.2.171
i-Blue 737 bluetooth gps receiver
Will connect then i get searching for satalite.
I can get it to work by turning off the radio for my blackberry. This lets the gps work fine but then i cant download the maps. the radio being off also lets other bt devces connect better. I an track where Im going, how fast, get m position, ect,... but no maps will be downloaded. I figured it was because the phone is trying to do to much at one and is underpowered or my gps sucked. Let me know if this works for anyone else or of anyone else has tried this. Im very POed about this,.....
I'm really sorry but I found this very funny. Just had a picture of someone driving down a road switching the radio on and off on their Blackberry to get the maps/gps co-ordinates working (Sorry it really isn't funny and is very annoying, just painted a funny picture in my head ).

I'm going to give this a try and see if the same thing happens on the BlackBerry's I have here.

There is one other thing that I haven't confirmed yet but is worth investigating. This is that if you try to use a GPS unit with an effected BlackBerry before the unit has a satellite lock then the BlackBerry will more often not connect at all via Bluetooth. If you wait until you have a satellite signal first and then pair/connect the BlackBerry to it the connection seems to be more reliable.

I'm going to test this as well and while it would only help if your GPS unit will A) search for GPS data without being connected and B) has some sort of indicator to show when it has an active GPS signal it might at least provide a "work around" solution for some people (until hopefully the next OS release fixes the problem).
Offline   Reply With Quote