View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #20
csoldfield

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

I have the same issue with 8300/Curve v4.2.2.89 whilst running GoogleMaps (v1.6.1 #1616) or Nav4All (v8.0.3). Holux M-1200 puck.
Puck connects and stays connected flawlessly with Nokia N770/MaemoMapper. So I conclude the puck is good
However, with BlackBerry I get the bluetooth connection dropped. This can be after just a few minutes of launching the app, or maybe an hour. Pretty random intervals. Exiting (ie. Quit) then relaunching the app restores the BT connection. Deleting the pair and re-pairing is not necessary to restore the BT connection, nor does doing that help any.
Nav4All pops up a message: "The Nav4All application requires Bluetooth to be enabled. Enable Bluetooth? Yes/No" - select 'Yes' and after 45secs wait normal operation is always restored.
GoogleMaps simply stops flashing the little blue dot and pops up "Sorry, we can't determine your location at present". Sometimes it comes back by its self after a short while.
This issue seriously limits the usefulness of GPS on the Curve - on a recent roadtrip it naturally decided to fail at the most critical turn
Please, please, RIM can you fix this for us?
Offline   Reply With Quote