View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel
Default blacklisted phone

Please Login to Remove!

So I needed to purchase a new 7100 and searched on ebay. I found a great dealer with powerseller status that was selling 5 BB a day for weeks on end. I bought a phone and got it just this past Friday then called nextel to activate it. First I didn't have the correct sim card my I880 is black card and they stated I need a yellow. 2ndly they stated I had a PIN number that was on the black list that meant it was stolen or lost.I explained I opened this phone up it was all sealed up minus a missing sim card. Nextel stated they will have to investigate it and will get back to me in a few days to either , one trade phones for a new one or two just clear the phone and let me use it.
I immediately emailed the ebay seller and he contacted me by phone that friday night. He was great and wanted to work it out to protect his feedback. He apologized for the missing card as he is a middle man from the dealer he gets the phones from . He didn't check the package before selling it to me and requested I buy a sim card and then send him the bill . He also wanted to know names and numbers of the nextel rep I talked to which i did.

So my question is has anybody had a blacklisted phone before?Does this sound like I am doing the right things?
I still haven't heard back since Friday night and will hopefully here from nextel on Monday as to what I need to do.

Last edited by Tritan; 01-07-2007 at 10:48 PM..