View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->
Default Re: What's the latest official OS for STL 100-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
It wont work like that anymore. It's the main reason I stopped posting leaks and official OS versions for BlackBerry 10. In the sense that you can use any carrier branded OS (as long as it is compatible with your model) that is official and you also have the choice to install leaks, there is too much fragmentation and leaked OS versions are being dismantled and edited before being released.

You have two choices;

- You can continue to install leaked versions of the OS, but you will lose the ability to update OTA via your carrier/device.

- You can install the latest official OS for your device/carrier. Waiting until they update before installing. You will be waiting for a while, but you will have the most current version that has been approved.

The only difference with the Z10 is the STL100-1 variant.
Thanks. Since the Z10 I may get will be AT&T's STL1003 it should be safe.
You mentioned two routes, but shouldn't there be three (I know, if it is not what carrier pushed to the device, it won't matter, it's still "leaked") ?
  1. Carrier's official release (for example AT&T is now at 10.1.0.2019 )
  2. Blackberry's latest official release in all/any carrier for that device (for example 10.2.0.424 getting pushed to unlocked devices on USA carriers, or 10.2.0.1791 as posted on Wikipedia as latest official)
  3. Leaked, unofficial, unannounced releases such as 10.2.1 (Non of the carriers pushed this anywhere, as far as I know).
Therefore, wouldn't it be useful to have at least #2 up to date, so that people can safely load that specific version as pushed by a certain carrier, knowing that there are no major bugs, and it's been tested by a carrier and deemed "pushable" as opposed to people going with #3 thinking it is same as #2.

Last edited by hyedipin; 11-19-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote