Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
idealist
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240F8BEC
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobageeba View Post
yeah i'm having the same problem. i just traded my pearl in for the curve, and i had no problem connecting via bluetooth through my pearl. but now i keep getting a message telling me there was an error with the ppp server. i downloaded the 8300 script, and i even tried going back to the 8100 script and i get the same result. i've found that if i reset my phone by pulling the battery for a few seconds, i can connect once, and for a brief moment get a bit of connection. but then the bluetooth stops communication (the send and receive bars go away, only sporadically going on and off) and then i lose connection. FRUSTRATING. this is a huge feature for me as i travel a lot and i really need this to work. any help???

i'm also wondering if there's a way to tether my curve using the usb cable and not bluetooth.

edit: and if it matters at all, my phone is running v 4.2.2.171and my carrier is tmobile.
Go into your "system preferences" and chose "network" click bluetooth and hit the configure button. Under PPP make sure every box is "UNCHECKED" except "Verabose logging" (last box) and hit apply now.

I am still using the 8700 with 4.2 OS on TMO and the 8100 script for the modem, and it works like a charm for me. The longest I have been able to stay connected is 5 hours before I have to reconnect.

If you want to use the BT connect just follow those instructions, It has been a lifesaver for me coming from the PC world.

Last edited by idealist; 10-04-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote