View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Andylaker23

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default 8100 advice

Please Login to Remove!

Firstly, I apologise if these are really stupid questions... but I'm completely new to all things blackberry... so I didn't know where to start.

I recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8100 from eBay, cheapish price, I only purchased it because my two closest friends both have blackberry's (obviously the more flashy ones), so I just wanted a way to stay in contact with them easily.

So, I seem to be having issues.

Firstly the thing that's bothering me the most, when I set my email up, it always just stays on 'activating please wait', it just won't activate, says no service connection.
Next, bbm, I wanted to use this feature, firstly people have been adding my pin, but I haven't received anything... would that be because I'm not yet activated? And on various sites it said I should be able to view my profile, ti change my picture, details, status, etc, etc, I press menu yet it gives me none of those options.
And lastly the internet browser is pretty much non-existent, it doesn't load up ANY page, tried the blackberry site, google, twitter, facebook, just says requesting and that's all it ever does.

So, to sum up my confusedness, all I want from this phone is to be able to have good working apps like facebook, I want the BBM to work as it's meant to, and preferably a browser that actually loads something.

So am I missing something? Do I need to buy or download some additional software content to be able to get me started? Because at the moment the phone is no better than one I had 5 years ago, it seems odd. Thanks. I was going to post the exact link of my item bought but I need 10 posts to do that, so apologies.

And sorry again, I'm noob when it comes to this.
Offline   Reply With Quote