View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #5
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

Okay I'll start from the beginning in case you haven't used BWC before.

If this isn't your first BlackBerry on T-Mobile, it's easier.

Basicly if you have an account, you login here:

https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...w.jsp?site=tmo

Note: The BWC site sucks ass and only works on Windows IE. It doesn't work on my Mac worth a damn in Safari or Firefox nor Windows Firefox because the RIM web developers are stupid halfwits that never tested the content in anything other than Windows IE and need to be beaten to a bloody pulp. You will have to GUESS which icon is the Options/Profile icon, or dust off some copy of Internet Explorer (which no sane person would use anyway).

Anyway!

There is an option under either Options or Profile to send the service book to your handheld. I'd remove the busted one, send yourself another one. If you get a message saying "welcome to T-Mobile" in your Messages application you probably have a valid SB.

Send your bberry account (user@tmo.blackberry.net) a message and see if it gets there.

The BWC provisioning station at T-Mobile was taking a beating today.

It took the tech on the phone 5 minutes for the first SB and then another 2 for the second one.

I don't know what they did after that, they said they had some problem with the SB if it failed to take. If you do this and it doesn't help, call 611, press '2' and tell the WDG you need a Bberry tech. I think sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (You can also confirm your Bberry PIN is setup right on the BWC webpage)

If the t-mo Bberry tech doesn't know anything about the Service Book being weird and doesn't tell you "Yeah, I heard about this, we can fix it," tell them your car is on fire and you have to go, hang up, call back, and hope for a competent engineer to assist you.