Thread: Tour vs. Nikon
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I do not believe it was silly, but if you do, fine, don't read any further. I DID NOT start out on this trip to compare, I decided to do the comparison after I was home. More out of my curiosity, but thought others might find it interesting. Guess I was wrong.

I never expected the BB to have better photos, if it did, I would have thrown the Nikon off the nearest cliff, I guess I was just showing the differences, and considering the difference between the equipment, the BB's photos really are not that bad. The BB does not have a light sensor like the Nikon so the washed out effect from shooting in a desert is normal.

The following day, on a trip up to the mountains, the BBs color were more saturated, and not washed out. I won't show those since it would be too silly to do anymore comparisons. But I will say, out of the harsh desert sun, the BB was pretty darn good overall, but again not as good as the Nikon (as one would expect), but it would be silly to think the BB would be better.

I had also been comparing the track of the BB with the Garmin, so the sats were already locked on. However, I am not worrying about the slight difference since I do not believe the BB uses WAAS correction, while the Garmin does. If the BB was all you had, a person would not get lost.

No more silly comparisions....