Old 08-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #174
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peznut
Sorry I wasn't clear and that I assumed others can read my mind

There would be little point IF PocketMac worked as it should. But it doesn't, which is why I've long sought a more-reliable alternative to keeping my Mac/BB in sync. PM gets me 75% there; but then there's a lot of screwing around to correct the sync glitches and/or other little irritating problems. Plus, there are some things I just can't fix so I live with them.

The process of exporting my iApps data to a Windows format, rebooting into BootCamp and syncing with RIM's software is admittedly a pain, but would probably waste less of my life than PM does now - if this process would prove reliable.

Anyway, that's what I'm wondering, so I'd appreciate any comments about reliability. Thanks!
In terms of exporting from Mac to PC, try the scripts at ScriptBuilders: Export-Import Entourage 1.3.9.

I find PM works OK for calendar and tasks but screws up Contacts. So since I have my Outlook and Entourage addressbooks just about synced now, I just take the limited number of new Contacts from Entourage once a week, email the vCards to myself and then open and save them in Outlook (although this does often screw up details of addresses for some reason - maybe I should try the scripts instead). I then use Desktop Manager to sync with my BB. This doesn't allow me to get new Contact entries from the BB into Entourage, so I just enter them in Entourage first instead. I suppose that once in a while, since I occasionally edit entries on the BB, I should use one of the scripts, or Outlook2Mac, to make sure Entourage is current too.

Is this the solution I thought I would be using when I bought my BB with a promise of free PM for syncing? Hell no, (and if anyone has a better solution, please let me know). But it just about works and will do untill PMv4.0 comes out (which PM tells me will be in about a month - yeah right) and with any luck that will work properly at syncing Contacts.