Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontiu
I stumbled on something that helped me - rebooting your bb in safemode - yes, most BB os have a safe mode option.

you should be able to google the instruction on the official blackberry suppport forum, but basically, you do a battery pull, when the red light goes out, yuo press press the reverse arrow sign (u turn?) that's next to the trackpad/track ball, keep pressing until the splash screen appears.

once the phone successfully opens up, it will show safe mode. At that point you could back up the phone, and also do a security wipe on the phone too...

recently, i discovered that the att my world application created a major disaster on my phone, it made the phone hang ..during an OS reinstall with re-install my apps..at the same...a nifty option I found which may become handy..
That's cool. Just tested and there is indeed a safe mode. The user will see a dailog box stating the device is in safe mode, that this happens when the escape key is held during boot, and to press ok to continue or reset to exit. Pressing reset reboots. I didn't continue in safe mode.

Good to know for future reference. Thanks.