Old 06-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #42
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
OK..after several hours of hassle with Cingular Tech Support and absolute ignorance on so many basic issues, I demanded to speak to RIM directly. I was on the phone with a courteous RIM tech for about and hour. He recommended Strongly that we Wipe the handheld because there were "left over" service books from when I was connectd to BES. Never was it said that it would not work otherwise but he made this recommendation based on a number of different issue that have caused problems. But he said that the Blackberry Browser absolutely WILL NOT work with the new BIS 2.0 and when I queried him further he got a supervisor who reiterated again that the Blackberry Browser is MDS only. After a further effort reconfiguring PocketDay and various options on the BB which I have just concluded everything is working just fine. But save yourself the hassle I went through based on errant information regarding the Blackberry browser. I does not work under BIS 2.0. Have a great weekend......

Where did you get the bad information? You should have looked here first as it was stated over and over that you should have 2 browsers on BIS:
1. "Cingular Browser"
2. "Internet Browser", sometimes called Blackberry browser by some users because when it opens the BB logo comes up.

I wrote this 5 times in this thread alone, sorry you had so much trouble.