View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
rudyo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Is there ANY BT headset that can rival my corded headset?

Please Login to Remove!

Having now tried 4 bluetooth headsets with my 7250, and returning them all, I'm really wondering if there is any bluetooth headset that can rival the performance of a corded headset?

My preferred corded headset is a Plantronics M130 that I've been using for years. People report that the audio while using it is indescernible from a land line.

Here is my take on what I've tested so far:

Plantronics M2500 - VERY comfortable (could wear it all day long) But every person I talked to complained of pops, crackles & very poor audio.

Motorola 850 - Boom mic to turn it on was very convenient. It did flop around a bit on the ear. Medium comfort. People said it sounded better than the M2500, but still much worse than my corded headset. They said they really had to pay attention to listen to me.

Logitech Mobile Freedom - I didn't find the fit to be comfortable at all. It is a very large squarish shape, sort of like a stubby cigar. The noise cancelling was good, but it was reported I sounded muffled, like ina tunnel. Still no match for my corded headset.

Jabra 800 - The comfort was OK, but it hurt enough to make me take it off after an hour or so. The audio on this was reportedly good, but not good enough to be a keeper. Plus it has many features I would never use.

On each headset I also tested the 7250 by itself put up to my ear. In every case I was told that it sounded better this way than with the BT headset.

I still am looking to test a plantronics M3500 and a sony HBH660. Somehow I'm skeptical that I will find either one of these perfect. Is there any point to testing the motorola 810 or 820?

Are these performance issues a limitation of the technology? Is there any BT headset that is good enough to make me replace my corded M130? I use the phone a lot, upwards of 2 hours a day and I really would like to find one good enough to replace my corded set.

Any thoughts?