Old 09-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
blackout626
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: 28CDFBCB
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernox View Post
blackout626, how did you Restore ONLY your BB Messenger file to device. Everything on mine works well except Messenger so I don't want to mess with the other stuff.
To restore ONLY messenger files, go to Backup/Restore on the Desktop Manager and then "Advanced" on the right. That'll take you to a screen with two windows. The one on the right will load your phone records and the one on the left will be blank. Hit "File" atop the left window, choose "open" and open your backup file. The individual records for that backup file will load on the left window. Scroll down to "Blackberry Messenger" and highlight that. Click the arrows pointing to the right (in between the two windows) to transfer only the Messenger records over to your phone. Finish up and that's it.

** As an update though, I've updated my OS again to 4.5.0.55 (East Asia Version) and the problems started again and I am unable to "fix" it via the same method I used last time. Guess we're all kind of stuck with it now until they fix it in a future update. =(
Offline   Reply With Quote