View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
Globetrotterdoug
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
I'm in the same area & I saw the bounce once this AM on the train into the city, so I'm doubtful that .810 will be a complete fix. Seems to be a little bit better, although only time will tell.

Still trying to get PTT working on .810. I've reloaded all 4 relecant COD's (as well as the ALX) from the prior release, and even re-installed the PTT app after loading up the COD's. PTT isn't listed in the options menu, and I get a java error every time I try to launch the PTT app.

Edit: Been using Alt-NMLL to view signal strenght in dB instead of bars, and just watched my signal bounce from -80 (perfect) to -110 (almost 0 signal) then gradually back to -80. I haven't dropped a call yet, but I don't think the radio issues that some people have been experiencing are resolved w/ .810
I'm having problems again too. I continue to think it is just a display issue. When it shows 0 bars, if I try to make a call, full signal strength returns and if I call it from another phone, it can receive calls too. But, it is nonetheless very annoying.
Offline   Reply With Quote